Monday, June 6, 2011

NICE FUCKIN' MODEL! [HONK! HONK!]


Okay... I really need to stop browsing eBay when I'm bored, because I find things. Things that I want to put in my mouth and other orifices... wait, what? Did I type that out loud?

I love toys! Clearly. At damn near 40 years of age... I CAN'T stop buying them. Exhibit A - The photo hovering above this text you're reading.

The first 3 figures purchased are VINYL POP toys, produced by a company called Funko.

OH MY HOLY HELL! I just went to their website so that I could provde that link for y'all and I just saw the VINYL POP version of the FLYING MONKEY from the Wizard of Oz! Do want! Do want!

While some of the VINYL POP figures are referred to as "bobble-heads" (Superman, Thing) other (Beetlejuice) are just called "vinyl figures". Usually I don't care for bobble-heads. In fact I am kind of weary of that whole craze. But done in this style? I just can't resist.

Each 3.75" VINYL POP figure retails for about $10. This fall will see the release of VP versions of the cereal monsters - y'know: Frankenberry, Booberry and Count Chockula.

Other characters imortalized in stylized collectible vinyl form include: KISS, RUN DMC, ELVIS PRESLEY, FREDDY KRUEGER, JASON VOORHEES as well as characters from the DC Comics, Marvel Comics and STAR WARS universes. And I need to own just about every damn one of them!

GHOSTLY HAUNTING I TURN LOOSE... Beetlejuce, Beetlejuice... BEETLEJUICE!

The final pictured figure in from the MEZ-ITZ collection produced by MEZCO TOYS and of course it depicts everyone's favorite "bio-exorcist" aka "the ghost with the most" ... BEETLEJUICE!

MEZ-ITZ have been around for a while, though they started out as 2" figurines. Lately the line has been revamped and revitalized as a series of 6" rotocast (hollow) vinyl figures.

As well as being a kickass 6" chunk o' plastic, you may have noticed Mr. Juice up there also features actual hair! Okay... maybe not actual hair, but fluffy hairy... uh hair. Though now I am picturing a team of toy executives chasing down Michael Keaton and shaving his head... y'know to give the toy that authentic feel.

MEZ-ITZ retail for about $8 and are available in far more varieties than the POP VINYL toys. Hard to believe I know.

However both lines have licences for many of the same characters. Which means decision making for this toy collector just became much more difficult. *sigh*

1 comment:

Meadfather said...

First!

I wish I loved something as much as you love toys.