Sunday, July 31, 2011

KINGDOM OF THE DISCO SKULL

For the uninitiated let me explain Diamond Comics' PREVIEWS catalog.  The PREVIEWS catalog is a monthly publishing offered to comic book stores that allows them a sneak peek at upcoming items.  For comic books it's usually 2 months in advance.  For other stuff it can sometimes be 4, 6 or even 12 months before some of the toys, graphic novel collections, statues, etc. will see the light of day. 

Fortunately my local comic book store gives regular customers, like myself, one of these catalogs for FREE.  Which is great, because some stores will charge you the 4.95 cover price... no matter how much you spend in their store. 

I used to refer to new PREVIEWS day as a monthly Christmas.  In the late 90s the thing was practically phone book sized.  These days it is about the size of a large magazine.  Which means it still filled with all kinds of crazy stuff.  I have decided to start a regular column here about some of the CRAZIER shit I find in the pages of PREVIEWS.  This first entry features items from the JULY catalog for items shipping in September 2011.
"I'M BACON!"


Let's kick it off with a little item called MY FIRST BACON! Why not? MFB is a googly-eyed, 19" plush toy in the form of a bacon strip! Ooh... and he talks too! The only thing that would make this better is if he were edible.  (SRP $20)



If anthropomorphic pork products aren't your thing... perhaps I can interest you in a DISCO BALL SHAPED LIKE A SKULL?! (SRP $50)

This is either the creepiest dance club accessory ever OR the coolest Skeletor variant Mattel has come up with thus far!

I usually roll my eyes when I see those pricey inflatable yard decorations people put in their yeards for Christmas or Halloween... but this... this... I would want.


WHAT DID YOU DO RAY?
 
An EIGHT AND A HALF FOOT tall, inflatable STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN! MOTHER PUS BUCKET!
 
 
 
How about a $9 box of crackers? No? What if they were made of people?
 
NOW you're interested, aren't you!
 
What do you put on SOYLENT GREEN crackers? Clothing?
 
 
The best way to end anything is with the letter "Z" as in ZOMBIE... ZOMBIE HOMER SIMPSON!
 

($20) Available in up to size 2XL

___________________________________

No comments: